You all might have come across with earache(otalgia) some time or the other. These pains usaully come up at night and that too in children.
- The main cause might be due to war wax(cerumen).
- Trauma to the outer ear, ear cavity or ear drum,
- Infection of the ear either bacterial, fungal, viral,
- Boils inside or outside the ear,
- Any foreign body in the ear cavity e.g. beads,seeds,insects etc, can also be the cause.
- Referred pain may be due to tonsillitis,tooth decay/caries, tooth abscess, cold and cough, sinusitis .
Do not let water enter your ear during ear pain, if it happens then clean and dry your ear properly.Do not blow your nose too strongly during earache as it may increase the pain.